PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 26th Jul 2020, 09:03
Pif Paf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unpaid leave - I think most of us pilots are struggling with 50% pay cut and just trying to keep our heads above water financially speaking! We cannot afford unpaid leave now.

With little flying the cabin crew are struggling as well, the majority of their income comes from their flying pay. The feeling amongst the cabin crew I've talked to is that after what has happened so far, the company cannot be trusted. They feel if you take unpaid leave, then you are making yourself more likely to be sacked i.e. if you're in Dubai then at least you're available to work if needed.

Maybe if EK had tried unpaid leave earlier before they started axing people, some might have taken it, but now I think its unlikely anyone will.

PS can anyone confirm a "rumour" that lots of locals have had loans paid off by UAE government? (it also happened back in January 2012 and made the press - see Arabian business news item - google it if interested)

Last edited by Pif Paf; 26th Jul 2020 at 09:08. Reason: Added a PS