PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adapters: GA to Heli or Heli to GA
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2020, 16:23
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m32k
A good option is to get a stereo headset with Lemo plug, and two adapters: Lemo > GA and Lemo > Helo. In this way if you have an a/c with Lemo panel installed you might plug the Lemo directly to the panel and have the headset powered from a/c (and stereo).

This is by far the best answer. Especially if you have invested in an expensive ANR headset and wish to use it in every type of aircraft possible. This is the exact approach I use with my DC ONE X headset.

A couple of caveats (and it is assumed you have a civilian headset with a high impedance microphone):

1. If this is for an ANR headset it must be one that can run off of battery power because two out of three configurations require it.
2. If you want to fly your civilian headset in a military aircraft you will need a high-to-low microphone impedance adapter. AFAIK, the ONLY choice for this is the Pilot Communications USA PA-87H. I used one a few months ago to fly the DC ONE X on a UH-60 and it worked quite well. Other than the pilots who were wearing CEPs, I had the best, quietest and most comfortable headset on the helicopter Be sure to buy directly from the manufacturer because they recently updated the design and you want to make sure you get the latest revision.