PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of year Restructure
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2020, 11:56
fly1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LLLQNH
I don't think people were being as vindictive as you seem to think. No one is hoping that you get cut, and we all know as does management if they close a base then those pilots return to Hong Kong. The possibility of base closures is something that you need to be prepared for and the unions gaming for, if you decide you don't want to return to Hong Kong as is your contractual and legal right then unfortunately there's not much that can be done! if they did close bases the only reason I can think of to do so would be a shot in the dark by management that those crew wouldn't want to return to Hong Kong and thus it would save them some mandatory redundancies, other than that I see no reason to close them. All will become clear by December.

All of us in Hong Kong need to remember that it's one seniority list and one company basing doesn't affect LIFO, it seems a few of the newer COs18 hires don't get that probably because of their lack of experience in the industry.

We all need to start planning and we all need to be incredibly familiar with our conditions of service/contracts.
agreed in most part, except that it has nothing to do with ‘cos18’ lack of experience in the industry, LIFO is not in their contract.