PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2020, 09:21
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saabdriver1
Is there a reason for these ongoing anti-Loganair outpourings based on factually incorrect information?

The comment about the reason for 145s swapping every day is complete and utter tosh. There is a planned changeover every day as there is currently no Embraer 145 maintenance cover in IOM, unlike for the ATR which lives there and is maintained there, so swapping aircraft and crews from ABZ every day rotates both the aircraft and crews. There is some 145 cover going into place in IOM shortly so there will still be aircraft swaps but not daily.

Hardly any of the Scottish routes are subsidised. The Twin Otter and Islander services are, as is Dundee-London and Stornoway-Benbecula under PSOs for which anyone can bid. For the rest of the routes, if Loganair carries no passengers, it has no income.

You're just making this stuff up.
I mean, that information came from the powers that be at the airport, so what do you expect me to think? They're lying? If you read what I said, we were talking about 'lifeline' Scottish routes, which are subsidised.

In other news, Aurigny CEO on the Island meeting with Gov today to convince them to buy-in to Aurigny. They want to base aircraft here and serve LPL, MAN & LGW. Time will tell what the outcome of that is.