PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skimpy based at Tulla.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2003, 13:41
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
RHCP

No fatal accidents in a benign air environment such as Australia should not be anything but an assumption!

The 747 debacle was aided by latent failures in management and a silent Senior Pilot Group.

To not apportion blame to Ansett Management for the CRJ failure is why I can't bury this airline with dignity! AN managment sent young turks to introduce CRJ-inexperienced exRAAF and 5 year Commanders etc. They also sent a good degree of political interference.

A good Management team would have considered pooling the best Training Captains in Ansett, rewarding them financially(at a fraction of the cost of Canadian contract pilots) and the job would have been done.

I feel for KD pilots who had their careers adversely affected by the amatuerish political interference and the amatuerish Young Turks sent to play( the handful talented training pilots know who they are).

The AN Airbus operation hardly evolved. This is very disappointing considering AN a launch customer. The airline collapsed on the eve of when we finally caught up with the rest of the Airbus world. The manner of this catch up and less than professional introduction, a further indictment.

I won't go anywhere near LCC if it is run by exAN Management. Actually, I wont go anywhere near Australian aviation whilst you are all selling yourselves so short.