PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change of school after integrated ATPL theory.
Old 23rd Jul 2020, 15:19
flybyschool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Quentin Juillet;10832898]Hi Flybyschool,

You can indeed change to another INTEGRATED training program from another ATO that had the MCC you may be looking for... but you just cannot go to any MCC provider without the approval from your current Integrated training ATO...
I know it is confusing but I will try to explain it...

Integrated training includes the MCC... so all must be completed under the umbrella of an ATO approved for that training. The MCC is one part of the training that this ATO is allowed to subcontract... but it will be under his responsibility.
If you were thinking on doing the MCC on a specific provider... this one must be incorporated in the manuals of the ATO where you were conducting the integrated training...

I can tell you that we do not allow that because of the hassle for us to work to oversight an MCC provider. We have our own sims (A320 fixed base) to conduct our APS MCC... and we also have one agreement with another ATO (just in case)...

So, a short answer would be:
If you are doing an integrated program, you may go to another integrated ATO... but you cannot decide to take a portion of he training (for instance the MCC) and complete it somewhere else

Hope it helps...