PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RwandAir info please
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 01:24
Wildgun938

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the corona crises, I heard fleet managers disappeared.

The company changed the contract to their liking and put the pilots on unpaid leave until further notice.
Basically, Rwandair pilots are the cheapest on the planet.

They cost the company zero dollars, because they are not paying anything. Even the house allowance was thrashed to zero.

People have been paying rent in kigali since March from their own pocket. There is Zero support from the company.

Someone from the management sent an e-mail with “a solution” for the pilots that were on their commute when the flights came to a stop.

He requested the pilot to make an inventory of the belongings that were in their Kigali home, to then send a total stranger to collect everything to be supposedly kept in a storage somewhere.

You can imagine an unknown person collecting your personal belongings.

I have never heard any proposal as ridiculous and disrespectful as this from any another company in the world. This is crazy.

From the time that I spent there, the only thing that I like to remember was the salary, and other expats.
The flight crew were very rude. Normally they would come in to the cockpit, and stay speaking in local language (kiniarwanda), which isn’t very safe.

If is there were to be any problem in the airplane you will not understand nothing.

Rwanda Air is a very complicated company to fly for, because it is still young (compared with other companies) but they don’t seek excellence.

A lot of important things are not in the books. The manuals are just copy paste from another companies manuals. There are no authentic ideas.

Guys there are praying for Qatar to come as soon as possible to kick out the managers and solve the persisting problems.

The per diems are paid 2 months after. The guys on 330 normally do 2 weeks rotation in China/India paying themselves for the food at the hotel. You can burn 1.000 dollars to eat 2 full meals in the hotel for 2 weeks. Not normal.

The 737 has a virtual base in Cotonou. 2 weeks there, in an apartment rented by the company. Not even a hotel. We dont need a luxury place to sleep, but dont put the crew in an apartment somewhere. Not nice.