PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RwandAir info please
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2020, 23:22
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can confirm the above. It USED to be a good job until the Thpanith under DFO Ricardo Naval ruined it. It was further destroyed by current flight ops management. CEO used to have an open door policy and built what you have today. He’s gone and been replaced by “yes Men/Women”. Air Marshals do report to government. Crew have been arrested upon landing in Kigali for “infractions” that occurred while outside Rwanda. Infractions have been noise complaint from hotel. Jail. Ditto on the 737 Fleet Manager. He’s one of ze best. In the world. He keeps the airline going. The Chief Pilot will call in “sick”. The company will show up unannounced to pick you up on your 12th day of duty, on your day off, 6 hours after you land from the night before for a “surprise” flight that the CP called in sick for. The CP’s car is suspiciously at the club at 0600 as you are driven to work on day 12 of no off days. The fight you’re operating was the CP, Marcel’s...
“Crew Scheduling” is one girl that is bitter, resentful and will purposely schedule you to fly, last minute on days off you requested If she knows you have plans. You’ll never be able to go anywhere in Africa. If you want to travel non-rev, you’ll have to spend a day in the office getting “permission” and multiple forms signed. If you’re Rwandan, this is easy. Foreigners always had issues as staff would make problems, refuse to sign or disappear. In 3 years, I was able to use my flight benefits once. The other time, I bought a ticket on kenya airways.
It’s probably ok if you need a job and sign with a contractor. Like I said in previous posts, it was a great job, great company and great country. Too bad they ruined it.