PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2020, 16:50
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
The aforementioned charming things happened in many other airlines across Europe, big and small. And I can't see something like that encouraging long-term loyalty, no matter in which of those airlines and certainly not in the ones where seniority is not a thing either. So, the moment the market picks up and alternatives start coming up, a number of places will have staff retention problems. Which, in turn, will raise the salary baseline a lot quicker than in 10-15 years. Right until the next downturn, when the story will repeat itself time and again.
One would think so, but even the last boom growth phase, the longest for aviation in europe in a long time, did not yield really good conditions, unlike the US for example. Even the big ones like LH actually decreased their T&Cs by 15% just three years ago while their company posted record profits. And with legacy carrier pilots working as scabs (BA anyone?) it is not going to be pretty any time soon.

Difference being that easyJet has a strong union in Germany, and only local contracts complying with the local law, meaning that they cannot just do as they wish, firing with an email and just a few weeks notice, like Wizzair. They obviously use similar tactics, that's true.
Plus easyJet has not announced base openings like candies in the last month, and has no plan to grow by 200+ planes in just a few years, as the pink brigade.

True, they have a union. Although i wouldn't call ver.di strong in any way, shape or form, especially as they negotiate based on member numbers, and those are of course stronger in the cabin crew.

And yes, the pink brigade is acting even more reprehensible than the orange one is, but not by much. And not growing in a crisis could be a huge strategic failure of the current management, but that is a different story altogether.