PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone not finding devices with bluetooth
Old 21st Jul 2020, 11:32
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks Jhieminga, point taken. It may well be that bluetooth devices will present less problems with the IOS devices because there are much fewer variations in hardware and software options. My cynicism has come about from trying to get bluetooth operating with various (independent) combinations of Windows, Android and third party devices. My Bose headphones work happily with my Samsung phone(s) but I tried three different USB adaptors before I could connect them to my Windows desktop machine - even then, it's not a reliable or confident marriage. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (and won"t). That particular desktop USB bluetooth device won't work however with the Logitech bluetooth receiver connected to the audio system in the next room - I need a different one. The Garmin Glo bluetooth GPS works with one laptop (Windows thinks it's a headphone!), but not with the other. It works with Samsung tablets (sometimes). One bluetooth keyboard worked OK with the Samsung tablet, but could not be discovered by our Samsung TV. I subsequently purchased a Logitech BT keyboard which the Samsung TV seems to get along with quite well.

On the positive side, my Android phones work well in our two motor vehicles. Incoming coming calls are fine. Sadly, the hands free / voice recognition system in both of them is a total disaster, but that's hardly a bluetooth issue.

Sometimes new technology is progress; other times, well, I'm not quite so sure ...