PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is CASA doing with your personal information?
Old 21st Jul 2020, 10:53
andrewr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect you would be upset if someone else's medical problems were entered into your records. I am sure it would be much harder to erase than it was to enter.

Some people have the same name.
Some people have the same name and date of birth.
Some people have the same name and live at the same address.*
Some people have the same name, and none of them live at the addresses on file.

This is why CASA use an ARN. The DAME needs to make sure they are entering information into the correct file. Using a photo already linked to your ARN (which you provided for the purposes of identifying yourself) seems like a good idea to me.

* I know two brothers who married girls with the same first name. For a time, they all lived at their parents. The amount of confusion this caused everywhere that used name and address to identify people (including the doctor) was a running joke. It's funny when you're young and healthy. Once you have some medical history and need it to be in the correct file it becomes more significant.
** I also know a guy where the family tradition is that all males have the same first name, and everyone goes by their middle name. This too causes predictable confusion.