PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2020, 11:46
ehwatezedoing
Drain Bamaged

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by terra_nullius
Well, usually if you have no idea what you are talking about, it makes you look stupid, this certainly applies to your posting

I had the latest MCC version, I tried them early and the database of my 25year + carreer did not transfer correctly from LTP, contacted them several times.
A year later I bought the lifetime version, tried several times to get them to convert the database correctly, which they could never get done correctly, missing something like 10.000 hours..... and in LTP it is working flawlessly. Don't offer database conversion if you can't get it to work.

I decided to just use the totals and start new in MCC.

The functionality is nowhere close to LTP, but with the reasonable lifetime promise/price it was ok...until they came out with crewlounge which is really garbage, the initials did not work at all, and then we are not even talking about the lifetime broken promise.

All in all it lacks any meaningful functionality and is substandard.

As a software company you know what quality you put out, it really sucked. In that case just stopping support on lifetime purchases and trying to force you in to a new non-functioning piece of software in my book amounts to extortion.

What they should have done is transfer all existing customers with lifetime licences free of charge or a minor addition and extend the lifetime to the existing customer and then try to fix it with the help of your customers.
New costumers you can then charge at the new pricing, that way you build confidence and expand your business.

They c..ked it up and are now paying the price for it and this has nothing to do with free software, I already payed for it anyway for a lifetime, If you don't plan on honoring it, don't offer it.

There appears only one greedy party here and it certainly isn't me...

ps. all pliots that I know who where using MCC dumped it and moved to something more robust and more importantly, more trustworthy.
Sorry that you had issues, I didn't. I had in the range of 9000hrs transferred at that time (Ok less than you)

If that makes me looks stupid, your call