PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fire - USS Bonhomme Richard LHD-6 - 12 Jul 20
Old 19th Jul 2020, 19:34
saislor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Amount of time you spent in the Navy? Estimate is zero.
[... deleted ...]
Let me give you an example of how a contractor/shipyard can cock up a wet dream.
USS Saratoga, Philadelphia shipyard. (going back 30-40 years) (Full disclosure: I was on ships in the Saratoga battle group on two different deployments to the Med).

In port, Saratoga had major maintenance done, including work on her boilers. The yard utterly screwed it up. Sorry Sara was a running engineering casualty for a few years while the Navy tried to get their money/pound of flesh out of the shipyard. Millions and millions of tax dollars pissed away. And it took millions more to sort out the cock up those cnuts in Philly did ...
I have a family history with CV-60. My father was a plank owner on the Saratoga. My Uncle had the dubious distinction of being an officer on watch when Saratoga sank at her dock in Mayport, FL. They opened a sea chest and could not close it. ... during an engineering inspection ... by a 3 star Admiral. A lot of Navy careers ended that day.