PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 617 Sqn Grave Vandalised!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2020, 11:24
Islandlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharpend
Islandlad, I don't know your history nor care. So you call me a racist! Well I will not shut up. You wish to deny me free speech, to 'unplatform me'. I suggest that you read the minutes of the recent Oxford Union debate on the subject. The motion to deny free speech was chucked out by a vast majority of young intelligent people. I wonder if you come into that bracket? You mention that it was a racist term in the 1940s; of course, like many WOKE's you appear to be rather uneducated. Read up where the term Nigger came from. As for trying to change history, there are very many things you might start doing; how about changing 'Atila the Hun's' name to 'Atila the Whatever', as you may think that 'Hun' is a racist word. History is the past, we cannot change it. Many BLM supporters demand reparations for what has happened in the past.... OK, so the French should be sued for killing King Harold in 1066. All this is of course compete nonsense. The past is indeed the past and we learn from it. But we cannot change it. Grow up.
Exercise your freedom of speech. Keep typing. Keep 'explaining'. I don't know you. I don't know if you are a racist. It's not for me to judge. 'Deeds not words'. Keep talking. There are clear racist comments on here. Type them at 'your' peril. The law is against you.

I won't 'unplatform' you. I am not attempting to change history. Tomorrow's history is today's present. It is BLM and WOKE. It's not my present. That's a sideline to me. Much as this is. But if 'they' come after the RAF and 617 the outcome may be one ' you' really don't like. Very Senior Officers - the high paid help as someone described them, my just cut 617 loose; as all too difficult and career limiting.

Keep digging that hole. If 'they' come after you, following this lot I will just look over the edge and say "told you so". Should that happen? Absolutely bloody not! But I fear it may do if people don't Grow Up Catch Up and for heavens sake .... Shut up!

Stop conflating arguments to make your point. This is a stand alone argument.

You can shout "fire" in a crowded cinema; it is your right. It's freedom of speech. Is it clever? Based on your argument you would say "yes"? I would say no. It's there to be used wisely.

I did re-read the etymology: nothing new for the uneducated there. The disengenuous type the word for effect. It slides them towards the racist camp. It does not need to be typed.

sharpend you are not MLK. This is not worth marching for. You are not Dietrich Bonhoeffer. This is not the thin end of the wedge.

Last edited by Islandlad; 19th Jul 2020 at 11:44.