PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 617 Sqn Grave Vandalised!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2020, 04:02
George Glass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandlad
OK - have it your way. If the media turn against the RAF, and they could easily, it may be 617 consigned to history. This is seriously controversial stuff in these times. Petitions to keep an inflammatory word on 'public display' in the middle of the station, where it has to be guarded by a 6ft fence? Seriously?

Using any opportunity to type the word on this thread. Oh it's OK because the RN named a ships cat back in the day. Ha ha - we used the call sign in the 1990s and it didn't go down well.

Of all the film's of heroic raids that really could do with an update and CGI makeover, it's the Dams Raid. And what's the first brick walk they hit? The name of the dog. Today it has racist tones. They are not even under tones. 3 dams 3 code words. Use the other one? No. It's the name of 'the' dog.

As for claiming its a 'war grave', talk about disrespect in a thread about respect of the countries past fallen!

If I was on a night out and this conversation was had in public I would walk away. You are scating on thin ice here. It's not about my opinion. Even I don't care about my opinion. I'm not telling you to 'shut up' to curtail you freedom of speech. Im exercising my freedom of speech to strongly suggest you pick another bit of history to go to the wall over.

There is nothing quite so futile as judging one generation by the standards of another. The Cancel Culture is the most pernicious , illiberal, pseudo intellectual, virtue signalling drivel to be created in this sad post modern world. I have zero confidence that the so-called Western World has the wit or the courage to defend its values anymore. Its over folks. The future belongs to China.