PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 617 Sqn Grave Vandalised!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2020, 19:49
fltlt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
We know where you’re going with that comment. But the one vital fact you’ve missed is that it would be black people saying it to other black people. That is their prerogative. Though it would be much easier to deter everyone from using it if nobody were to use it.

As a white person I do not have the right to use that word and I’m fine with that.

Please don’t use that last comment as your argument in favour of the dog’s name. Others have put forward far more eloquent arguments.

BV
Sorry BV, I wasn’t going anywhere with that, just a statement of fact.
The older generation of African Americans, at least the ones I hear, are somewhat bemused that white folks have taken up the BLM message. Add to that their view is that unless the black community itself gets its act together, no amount of slogans/chants/marches/money/wokeness will make any change.
Thats it, no other agenda, sorry.

Old saying, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Not to defend any position for/against, however it does seem an awful lot of folks like to spend their time pole vaulting over mouse turds.

Somewhat curious though, why any color person should anyone be denied using any word in the English language, there are many, many more offensive/vile/demeaning words, should they all be assigned an only x, y, z, color can only say which one?
Having done that, would you then recommend working our way through every other language in the world to remove ours and theirs?

Again, pole vaulting over mouse turds.

If that is your choice, fine.

Last edited by fltlt; 18th Jul 2020 at 20:02.