PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 617 Sqn Grave Vandalised!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2020, 19:18
SOX80

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by just another jocky
It is when people keep brining up a very minor part of a much bigger story.

Clearly? Who exactly?

And many people may be offended by your implied racism when you have no facts to support it. Woke liberal/left populism and bullying is no substitute for a proper discussion, and neither is attempting to delete the past.
I don't actually have a problem with offending people, i don't think people should be banned from saying or using words. But as an organisation we should be aware if and when we are offending people and decide if we want to go down that road. In this case I think the RAF has probably made the right decision. Of course woke/liberal populism can go too far (and often does) and it will always come down to a judgement call which not everyone will agree on. An whilst we are having a proper discussion, here is a question, is the RAF institutionally racist? CDS seems to think we have a problem https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9561421.html . I have seen some pretty racist stuff during my time in, whilst out east recently and briefing some SF troops a discussion on PID of enemy combatants came up, "don't worry sir, if the're brown knock em down" was the response, tongue in cheek maybe but only a bit. In the crew room the other day "if blacks want to get in to the RAF they should try harder at school and stop stealing stuff". And I have been guilty of plenty of casual racism in the past.