PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 18th Jul 2020, 07:05
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cruis'in FL410
Rocks in their heads eh. Lets not get emotional and work the problem.

All the JQ787 skippers are 9+ service so the payout is 16 weeks severance ($70K), plus 2 months notice ($38K), plus AL and LSL, lets say between 10 and 20+ weeks (anywhere between $45K and $90K+). So payout figures at a bare minimum of $110K all the way up to $200K+. That doesn't even encompass T&C Captains.

With an endorsement cost of $40K and displacement of A320 FO's with 1-4 years service (4-8 weeks severance), I think the money would be on JQ retraining the B787 crew onto the airbus fleet rather than CR. Lets hope it doesn't come to that for all our sakes!

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
The numbers you put forward add up to some degree, I doubt or be very surprised that there would be a 787 Captain solely sitting around on JK they would be burning up AL or LSL to get them by, there would be a lot of FOs doing the same. So at most if it did come to it the company would only be liable for the 16 weeks the 2 months notice at $36K that's gone because you're on stand down, that's in the EBA also JQ would get away with using stand down as notice at the FWA comission, with the SOs and a lot of FOs there wouldn't be many that would be at 9yrs+. So really will the company want to spend the money which is a lot more than the 40K to down train?! .Also, if you look at the EBA those who have been on the 320 before, well, they have to cough that cash up JQ only pay once nothing is for free at JQ.

The frustrating thing is as PoppaJo post he has been told "Some of those people I was informed this week have already been talking of taking my job which upset me this week. I’ve got both sides of the seat on the big twin gunning for my job. That’s a lot of people" It really pi$$es me off to read that, that someone has been subjected to that kind of talk at as time like this. As seen on telegram one 787 guy telling everyone that 787 crews were gunning for all the 320 commands and FO slots in capital city's and bottom 200 on the list are gone, goes to show what a gem that guy is.

The rubbish talk and scaremongering needs to stop on these forums by anyone regardless who you work for, yes I bet there is one that will say don't look then. Well, a lot of others do they cant help it. There was more honor in my early days when everyone was wanting to scrounge around for twin time on the Baron than there is now!