PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 18th Jul 2020, 06:57
Ducksnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best advice I ever received at the start of divorce was to compose every message, email, online rant, voice memo, with the expectation either a judge, or my kids would one day read it. I adopt the same principles when it comes to work matters. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, however the same message can be conveyed in a way that ins't offensive, and people respect you for having the conviction to say what you think. Lots of people have earned a lot of respect on the Q specific site for doing such, even if the majority disagree. Respect that they can voice their opinions in a diplomatic and appropriate way. The same principle we should all operate aircraft with.

By being controversial on here, it has the effect of drawing plenty of attention speculating as to who the author may be, and often it gets narrowed to a small group of likely people. Some innocent ones get tarred by the same brush. Be careful. Right or wrong, it is what happens. Accept and deal with it. Be accountable.

In times like this, stresses are different for everyone, and for each a different solution will be appropriate. If you have a stable second income, can survive LWOP, I don't blame you for taking it. Sure it comes at a cost, but so do most things. Look at income insurance, pet insurance, paint protection on a new car - some choose to have it and pay for it, others don't. Make a choice, be responsible for you decisions, and move forward not back. Some will be winners, some will be losers. Best lesson you can teach your kids - life isn't always fair. Those who can accept that fact and adapt do well. Others use that reality to become angry and irrational.

For me, I don't think it will get to CR, that is my roll of the dice. If it does, my payout will keep me alive for a while, will find another type of work, adapt and survive. If the company thrives, in a few years will get called back. If for some reason the company doesn't survive, then I may have walked out with my entitlements in full.

Hopefully I just remain on stand down and in the next year or two things return slowly at first, and then get back to normal. Or the picture and options become clearer and I will choose what becomes the best option when all the planets align.

Lot's more people than I expected are very interested in the VR, so I am not going to make a decision on LWOP until that plays out. Again my choice, my gamble, and won't be here slanging those more senior, junior, on different types, awards, demographic, or any other group off. I will accept I made my own choice. A bit like bidding for promotions and types in QF. Some get lucky, others not so, but such is life.