PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 18th Jul 2020, 04:15
Ruvap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
If you trawl through my post history like our mate mmmbop here, you will see I have already de-bunked that theory.

As I already said, overspeed1 makes some very valid points. I suspect the LWOP / stand down decision many junior crew will have to make will depend on the government allowing any Jobkeeper extension whilst on LWOP.

If your going to link something behind a paywall, copy it for everyone to see.

Bit of a different scenario wouldn't you say? Back then you could take LWOP and go overseas and work for Jamaican airlines flying a 737. These days your lucky to be stacking shelves at Woolies.
These days you are lucky if you’re a QF captain or FO stood down living off 6 weeks annual leave. Do the maths, thats probably more than a Woolworths stacker gets per year! And for doing nothing except maybe some personal networking and appear in the paper in front of some old flying relic. And still we want JK!? The Govt would have to be crazy to not asset test or income test the next round of JK. Certainly any QF Capt or FO don’t need it. Many more real struggles in society than spoilt airline pilots. Give to SO’s. That makes more sense.

All the years that many of you have been putting trash on Alan Joyce (who has done a great job) will now be paid for. Get ready to be screwed. Someone said it’s not about getting rid of X number of pilots. That is true. It’s about getting rid of as many X number of pilots from coming back to the existing LH award. If you take LWOP, you will be deemed company friendly and when the new QF international starts up on new contracts, you will be in high demand. Either way, there are more pilots than future jobs. This round of CR is the beginning of the end.