PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jul 2020, 12:02
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mmmbop
QANTAS RECRUITMENT THREAD.
19th October, 2016, 17:06

I wondered why you had become so outspoken normanton. 47 posts until February this year. 389 since then covering the LH vote and now this. You're not in it for the good of the pilot body, you're in it for yourself.

There will be some very junior people on here (like yourself) who in these horrible times will unfortunately believe what you write, thinking you are something that you're not, and are looking out for them.

Post the all-knowing knowledge that you think you possess about the Award and it's legal aspects on Qrewroom. I note you haven't. So not only are you selfish, you're gutless.
How the **** is me discussing a recruitment timeline selfish?

Desperate for anything to try and use against me because you can't argue valid points.

Disgraceful.

Originally Posted by ConfigFull
Well said mmmbop. I've received a few texts today with photos of their posts and a few choice words attached. I can't imagine being brand, brand new and posting such arrogant stuff when you've been around for a second. Had a go at me regarding credibility but it's on show in spades here.
Or maybe for once in your career someone junior to you has thrown you a hard dose of reality and you can't take it. Seniority seniority seniority. Yet as soon as the company challengers that in compliance with the EBA you **** your pants.

Originally Posted by Keg
No. It’s not that simple. If at step 4, the more senior pilot says ‘instead of making me redundant (circa $60-70K) how about giving me LWOP and I’ll come back when you tell me you want me’. Company says ‘yeah, righto’. The end. Company saves it’s cash both ways (saving both CR and paying accrued annual leave) and the junior pilot on LWOP comes back flying the exact same time they would have if they’d taken the CR package.... except they haven’t accrued anything in the interim!
Keg, I disagree because as mentioned many times by Tino, LWOP numbers will have no affect on the VR/CR numbers (190) required.

Last edited by normanton; 17th Jul 2020 at 12:16.