PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jul 2020, 10:50
ConfigFull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said mmmbop. I've received a few texts today with photos of their posts and a few choice words attached. I can't imagine being brand, brand new and posting such arrogant stuff when you've been around for a second. Had a go at me regarding credibility but it's on show in spades here.

I said it a few days ago but here we go again - do whatever you want. But don't do it thinking you're going to jump someone in the next few years and certainly don't do the ring-around trying to convince people (that are supposed to be your mates) of what you've simply made up with zero relevant information and completely against AIPA's stance of just a few hours ago. Again, I'm no fan of (the current) union but considering they've folded on nearly every fight over the last year or so, do you think they've had a change of heart overnight and gone rogue?

The timeline you've made up (or worse, believed TLS) is completely wrong and doesn't exist anywhere. They must reduce any and all CRs by the use of LWOP and other efficiencies like part-time or EBA changes (I'm paraphrasing); but you've jumped straight to concessions and LWOP. It doesn't work that way. If this goes down the path that TLS is advocating (while admitting that they'd never even thought of it until a handful of SOs emailed them offering to go on LWOP so others ahead of them would be made redundant) then we might as well just rip the relevant pages out of the EBA. Redundancies are complex by design - you/we need to keep it that way. If you make it simple then you're not doing yourself a favour - but your manager will be very, very happy.