PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jul 2020, 10:43
maggot

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Where have I once said that AIPA would win a case against the company? I actually don't think they will win the case for the exact reasons you have described.

It's also precisely why bypassing junior crew for redundancy wont be able to be challenged either. For one its in the EBA, but let me provide a timeline:

1) Junior crew takes LWOP to avoid CR
2) Company announces CR
3) Company announces CR for pilots above junior crew on LWOP
4) More senior crew are made redundant because the position is a SURPLUS, and isn't needed to be done by anyone
5) Fast forward 12 months down the track, the junior crew return from LWOP
6) Junior crew either return to their original position (which is now available because there is no SURPLUS), they get stood down because there is no useful work, or they get given CR / sent back on LWOP

It's really that simple. I've said it before and I will say it again. Seniority will not save you. Think wisely.
your self assured FUD campaign here is ridiculous.

your point 6 contradicts your whole premise and highlights why its just a fear campaign to cut leave, at this stage. What makes you think they wouldn't offer more LWOP (like in your point 6) prior to CR, once VR is locked and we know where we stand.
if, after lwop and VR, they wish to CR, why not then drop the number required LWOP and let them go for free instead of paying them out. Makes no sense.

hook.line. sinker