PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jul 2020, 05:02
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tenretni
So little Johnny who's been a good chap and has been on LWOP, comes back from leave one day, and taps his senior mate on the shoulder.
He says G'day there Charlie move over I'm taking your position. Uncle Q smiles as he hands Charlie his CR notice. Charlie jumps up in a fit of rage, and says my job is being filled by another employee. Uncle Q says that's right you should have listened and gone on LWOP.
Mr Fairwork Ombudsman comes along and asks what? Tell me uncle Q was this so called redundant position filled by another? Why yes . Then tell me how is it that Charlies job was redundant when it had to be filled by another? Uncle Q ponders the question and says I'm not sure but I acted within the EBA. Then asks why have I dismissed Charlie unfairly.
Charlie jumps with joy as he now takes his generous CR package and looks forward to his compensation package.
In the meantime somewhere in a far off galaxy........................
Did you post from somewhere in a far off galaxy?

Nope doesn’t work like that at all. I suggest you read more posts above and or listen to some webinars.