PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QLK Network Changes
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2020, 03:45
tictac123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VH-FTS
That comment and some of the above just shows how far out of touch some of you are with what's going on
I'm not sure if that's directed at me or not but I've got nothing against the 400 guys and gals. They're just doing their jobs, the same as we would if the situation was reversed. But we'd be less "out of touch" if there was better information flow!

Originally Posted by VH-FTS
But the fact is the 300 isn't suitable for most of the QLD routes, which is why it isn't being used. Not enough fuel/range and not enough seats. But hey, let's bring back a 300 do a Bundy return then sit there the rest of the day. That's not going to bleed money due to all the associated costs, is it? The 400 might be more expensive to operate on a short flight to Bundy or Hervey Bay, but efficiencies are gained when it also covers Mackay, Moranbah etc. in the same day.
So at what point would there be sufficient demand to stand up some BNE 300 crews... 2 return trips a day? 3? 5? Is there even a number in mind or is the company just blowing in the breeze? Or are the BNE 300 classic crews staying stood down until it's time for them to do 400 differences? At what point will that be?

And what about the 300 in SYD - surely there's useful work available there at the moment with sectors and loads more suited to the 300?

Yes people are getting frustrated, confused and anxious, but only due to the lack of comms.