PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QLK Network Changes
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2020, 23:50
Aimpoint

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
When are you guys going to realise pilots from other bases and fleets aren't the enemy? Management isn't the enemy in this. Covid and poor government decision are the enemy that are stopping you from coming back to work. The company aren't screwing you over to increase their bonus or share price - decisions are being made to keep Link and the whole airline alive. If they can do that, it stops or minimises job losses.

And if you want to keep playing the man, not the ball, I'll do the same. The majority of classic pilots have had the chance to bid to the 400. Judging by the location of some of the loudest on this thread, you're Brissy based. You've known for a long time that there wasn't much QLD work for the 300 pre COVID, yet you enjoyed "club classic" and the minimal stick flying that came with it. As far as I know, the FOs that had previously been awarded the 400 have started conversion training or are about to soon. For the others have have just been awarded 300 commands etc. the timing really sucks.

But you are not unique. Look at the crew in Victoria and NSW. How about the Link guys that just left to go to QF and are in no man's land? How about pilots at Virgin and Tiger who have been made redundant or are about to be. Link pilots being stood down is a bad situation, but at least you've got light at the end of the tunnel, eventually.

​​​​There's no 400 pilot who doesn't feel for the classic crew right now. But when you take the emotion out of it, you'll see there is no point having a dig at other fleets. And with respect to communication from management - would you rather they come out with a plan that is 70% certain, get everyone's hopes up and then have to advise everyone with a revised plan a week later because the situation is so fluid? Or do you want them to line up the ducks properly to either get the Classic back flying or work out a transition to the 400?

If you're still angry, chat to your AFAP reps about why the communication from them has been so poor and unprofessional over the last 4 months.

I can't wait for a time when all this bullish!t is over and we are all back flying .