PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2020, 20:13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam is a great hub to start a long haul flight and avoid excessive UK passenger duties. Used it often from Southampton...as well as shorter trips to visit family and friends in Europe. I was gutted when the Dusseldorf flight started to become erratic before finally disappearing, like Hannover a long while back.
LOT have Embraers, surprised they have no interest in the possible euro market. The now defunct Eurolot had ATRs but never showed interest......they wound up a few years after changing to Dash 8-400s I think....sounds familiar.
Just so that you are aware of the scale of the blood-sucking leech add-ons [by others...not KLM] to the wonderful KLM service, here is a breakdown of my last KLM flight SOU-AMS:
4 MAR 2019 KL916
UK International/Domestic Airport Passenger Service Charge.............£22.00
UK Air Passenger Duty........................................................ ..................£13.32
Air Fare [KLM bit ]............................................................ ......................£13.00*******
Total....................................................... .................................................£48.32

That's what it says on the ticket receipt . Hurry back KLM, and super regards to all the positive and supportive comments from all followers of this thread.