PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 16th Jul 2020, 17:02
olster

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Don’t you guys actually read the posts? No one is saying anything detrimental or unsupportive to the guys / gals who have lost their jobs. No one is criticising in particular pilots whether they post sad farewells to colleagues on LinkedIn. The nauseating bit tends to be from EK itself. Today for example, ‘oh look, isn’t it great the A380 blunderbus has landed in LHR after 3 months ‘ followed by a tsunami of comments from nearly all outsiders about how great EK is etc. The absence of commentary from displaced flight crew is the elephant in the bath tub. To be honest, my fingers have been hovering over the keyboards to heap a torrent of expletive deleteds onto the page. Only common sense and an absence of drinking stopped me. I will do my best in my own very limited field of influence to help any redundant pilot if I can. I am sure all on pprune wish nothing but the best for redundant crew. The inherent danger of pprune like any social media if that is what this is leads to misinterpretation normally adversely of course. I think when it comes to EK behaviour we are all on the same side here.

Cheers

Last edited by olster; 16th Jul 2020 at 20:43.