PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain: 3 Days That Saved the Nation - Channel 5 UK, Tues 7th July, 9pm
Old 16th Jul 2020, 12:11
GeeRam

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix
I remember meeting and chatting with Adolf Galland at the reception after the premiere of the BofB film. Robert Stanford Tuck was there with him. A huge privilege, not only because I had so much enjoyed Fly for your Life.
Yes, I read Fly for your Life in the early 70's when still at junior school, as a result of seeing him and Bader and a few others at one of the Biggin Hill BofB At Home days around 73/74. My Dad was working at the display those years, and tried to pull a few strings to get me to meet him, but it didn't happen.
Tuck and Galland were already close friends by the time of the BofB movie filming, as Tuck was Godfather to Galland's son born a few years earlier IIRC. I remember seeing a great photo of the two of them taken a few years before Tuck passed away, I think taken in Germany, on one of his visits to Galland, both in tweeds and deerstalkers etc with broken 12g over there arms out blagging birds, and both in deep conversation.