PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetRaro - Mike Pero's CHC-RAR venture
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2020, 10:32
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
BNEA320, that will not be happening. The bubble between NZ and RARO is contingent on only being for travellers from the two countries I.e only travellers who have been in NZ or Cook Islands for more that 14 days will be allowed on the flights. This will have to be run by an Airline that has NZ based crew or an airline that is willing to base crew in NZ after completing the 14 day Quarantine. I can’t see the range being a problem, often the NAN - SYD flight is 5 hours plus and you can hold 60 mins over SYD pretty comfortably with a pax cap at 160 ish, so you may find they cap the flights.
WTF are you talking about? Too many beers in the evening BNE?

You clearly are an armchair pilot because you have zero knowledge of alternates in the Pacific. I have personally diverted from NAN to APW on a messy f-ing night where nothing was available. Absolute disaster. We offloaded 20 pax out of Australia, no cargo and still landed with low fuel lights on.

AKL-RAR is a horrible flight. AirNZ run their wide bodies there regularly and carry return fuel so their alternates are AKL/TBU/PPT.