PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2020, 02:07
ozbiggles

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
Ozbiggles your scaring me. You sound like a politician. All doom and gloom. Sounds like catching Covid is an automatic death sentence.
Aus numbers: 10500 cases: 8000 recoverd, 2400 mild condition, 28 in ICU, 111 deaths.
In bold is recoveries. How is that for a good number? Probably healthy people. The mild conditions: the healthy will recover the rest will go to ICU and your looking at 98% recovering.
Those with pre existing morbid conditions still have a chance of survival depending on their immune system. The chances are small for 10500 cases.
Regarding Vit D. Try living in the very high or very low lats with no sun for 6 months.
I think your primary school science teacher once said,"if we didn't have a sun we would not survive."
We would be prone to all viruses end of planet.
I agree, the Australian numbers are good. And that is my point, if we turn them into American numbers percentage wise then not so good.

Im all for the state borders opening and the ‘Tasman bubble’ ASAP, probably a small delay with Victoria now however. I now, used to be, in the aviation workforce. I would like nothing more than to see the remaining pilots flying their backsides off. But I don’t want to see the ‘good’ results we have now turn into what we see overseas.

I watched the ABC Australia American correspondent Kathryn Diss I think it is talking about her experience having just recently caught it in the news today. She looks good and admits it was a mild case. When she talks about it as a mild case it is pretty stuffed up. She still has a pulse rate sitting 20 beats per minute higher than it used to and some other lingering effects. She is 30 years old, listen to her describe what is going on and tell me you wish that on any young person.

As for my primary school science teacher, I think I was staring outside at 747s flying by when she spoke.