PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2020, 21:09
allan1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan
Have to take your word on that, never really monitored when these announcements are made. Question is, are these announcements plural or singular? Harbour boss did announce on twitter to expect plural over the next few weeks which ends this Friday. Options are limited, more Eastern routes, more Loganair routes and the possibility of Lingus Regional. Destinations still to be guessed at I suppose although again I believe the Harbour CEO is on record as having said all previous FlyBe routes had been backfilled. Interesting times!

Whatever the announcements happen to be, I hope it goes some way to securing jobs both within the airport and locally. Have to admit I still feel sorry for the ex FlyBe personnel watching "their" old market getting carved up, still think its a shame that ended how it did.
Im not sure if 4 routes (MAN, BHX, EDI, LGW,) will be as Aer Lingus Regional since Stobart Air said they will not bankroll expansion at Belfast City, though i could be wrong.

There could be some tieup with Stobart Air and Eastern Airways. Seeing that there is a tieup with Loganair and Blue Islands.

Not sure if it happens what agreement will be. Could be lease of 4 ATR 72s and 2 E190s and also run the 4 Belfast routes for Stobart Air.