PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 15th Jul 2020, 18:02
speed freek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... but how can it be right that 300 pilots are paid 66.6% to do nothing for two years while we also have pilots being paid 50% for 50% work, 58% for 58% work etc..... What I'm saying is someone doing work for the company will be paid LESS than someone sitting at home, and how can that be right?
Finally, what protection will be put in place to guard against some of the lucky 300 being paid 66.6% of BA salary, and going and getting a job elsewhere? If they get a job elsewhere (presumably in a different sector), they should have to declare the amount gained and either that amount, or half that amount, is deducted from their BA (actually colleague's) money!
Hey Dave, great post. Go fornicate yourself.

I hope your children or your marriage won't ever suffer because you ended up on the wrong fleet, with the wrong seniority, and 66% of junior FO pay keeps you awake at night but you keep telling yourself "if I get it I'm the lucky one because I still have a job". Along with two others because one shelf stacking job at mimimum wage doesn't quite make up for the loss of earnings and my family insist on food and a roof over their heads. Sorry we're all such a burden.