PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2020, 07:31
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mathers_wales_uk
Based on passed experiences and to speed up the boarding process the number of cabin bags removed from passengers at the gate is indeed dependent on the number of passenger on board.

You could politely ask the boarding agents that due to expensive fragile camera equipment inside you would prefer not as you can’t risk it being damaged.

obviously if that’s a genuine reason because if everybody tries that excuse then it will be mandatory because the physically won’t fit.

These items would be classed as delivery at aircraft so should be waiting at the bottom of the steps when you arrive at Amsterdam or back home to Newcastle.

NCL is not bottom of the heap by a long shot. CWL has had Ryanair operate from the 3rd of July. Apart from that there has been no flights at all.

Vueling will re-commence one route weekly tomorrow then apart from that KLM & TUI will be back at beginning of August with the PSI Anglesey operates by T3.

Qatar has decided not to return until the winter.

It appears for CWL KLM will operate 1 x daily then 2 x daily both without night stopping then return to full schedule end of September.

The busier routes or where they feel can make the most money will be restored first where the other will follow later as confidence returns. But certainly NCL is not at the bottom. (Just look at Exeter things could be so much worse)
About 18 months ago I was determined to have laser surgery on my eyes and had the money saved up for that, plus I thought I needed a new boiler, which I didn't. I am now very happy with trying contact lenses, which I can recommend, one eye for distance and the other for reading and they don't come out for a month at a time.
So I spent a large part of that money on camera stuff and a laptop.
Maybe if I told the girl trying to take my bag that I would hold her personally responsible for the £6500 worth of fragile things in the bag she would have a change of mind!