PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2020, 07:10
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P330
I’m platinum with KLM and frequently use the E-Jets. I have a routine to ensure this doesn’t happen and simply it’s be there early.

At NCL, you can work out the gate before it’s called and be outside the door before the masses leave the lounge or the pub. Same on return at D6.

If they are looking at trolleys in the hold, that is when the flights are full (probably not going to be full now) and generally they don’t take them off business class passengers or platinum.

So, no guarantees but you can get round it with a bit of planning.

And to be honest, a full 737 is just as bad, if not worse than an E Jet where I often see gate staff asking for volunteers to gate drop their bag.
Thanks.
Maybe they have changed how they do things.
They used to let pax get to the boarding gate and then take it off them there so they would have no knowledge of what status people are or be bothered about first in the queue, it was just everyone with a trolley would have it taken off them. With a fortune's worth of camera equipment and a laptop that's a non-starter.
Maybe I should have a bike ride to the airport and see what the deal is at the KLM counter.