PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2020, 06:38
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by alphacentauri
You are not in the position I describe. I meant you have no money.

Honestly, my choice would be to let the virus run its course, with no lockdowns.

Not sure I agree with that statement.
Having no money is a very hard position to be in in Australia, almost impossible if you are a citizen or a PR holder.

Not a country on the planet has or are letting this virus run it's course, ALL are doing some preventative form of action - possibly the first time in history.

If this virus just cleared mostly the old (the pensioners collecting government cash and medical services) I doubt the government would be so concerned and splashing all the cash, so it is possible they are greatly concerned about it wiping out too many tax payers & need skilled workers immediately. This would require mass skilled worker migration to fill the immediate gaps for skilled workers.

I hope the government/s take a bit of time and work on when, where and how lock-downs happen if required & if I and my family need to take a bit more pain for that, it is ok with me.

Aviation is an industry that is taking a big hit, but it certainly will return.

Last edited by Bend alot; 15th Jul 2020 at 08:39. Reason: a p makes a big difference.