PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So What Did You Snack On In The Cold War, Daddy?
Old 15th Jul 2020, 04:49
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
I am aware of one Vulcan crew, who, after departing Valley, were " less than impressed " when they found their in flight rations consisted of jam sarnies. This was nothing personal on the part of the cook, it was just unfortunate that he was possibly in the wrong trade.

Egg and ham banjos have been mentioned ......these culinary delights ensured the NAAFI profits rose considerably, by pure coincidence of course, when engaged defending the nation, possibly because we felt it prudent to be self sufficient in a HAS rather than be reliant on these congealed concoctions that could be used in lieu of PRC. Indeed, it's possible some HAS's were pre stocked with liquid refreshment on the day prior to the early morning alarm call.

However, one of the more memorable local broadcasts, delivered with some gravitas I should add, was one that informed us, that, under NO circumstances were we to feed the police dogs said banjos.....apparently, this had to do with the dogs welfare, which was very considerate really, albeit a shade worrying that the RAF felt our digestive systems didn't quite warrant the same concern.