PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 14th Jul 2020, 19:40
sunnychase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave

Given I'm likely to end up in the CRS, if I bid for all fleets and end up on roughly 50% of my normal income (in fact it's less as there's no NCP which was pretty common but ignoring that fact there's no allowances which is a HUGE loss). 50% of my basic just about covers my mortgage payments. I still have two loans and a whole host of bills including council tax, water, electricity blah blah blah resulting in me being approx minus 700 per month before I've even started paying for petrol - let alone food and two kids!
Frankly, I'm taking a hit on pay and being put in the CRS which is resulting in a more junior pilot remaning on the new 'full pay' or whatever it'll be. Whilst I'd prefer to take this hit as it keeps a fellow colleague employed, based on our contract (LIFO) then it should actually be the more junior pilot being made redundant and me keeping full (80% etc) pay. It doesn't state said senior pilot will take big pay cut for possibly up to two years to keep junior pilot employed - it says L.I.F.O.

For you to say we shouldn't be allowed to work elsewhere is utterly pathetic. What would you suggest, we default on our mortgages, declare ourselves bankrupt and rent forever more because you don't think it's fair if we work somewhere else whilst BA don't want us flying? Given there aren't any flying jobs, most of us will be in Lidl stacking shelves on £9ph.

Another point is that NO ONE should feel pressure from their colleagues to go part time. Many of us have 30 years left. To make a decision now that will have a significant effect on the rest of our careers such as forever part time - because of peer pressure - is wrong. Do it if you can/want to/feel it's right/wife insists. Don't do it out of pressure.