PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 14th Jul 2020, 10:26
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
I

For crying out loud, sit on your freaking hands until the dust from the VR and early retirement settles and let AIPA do their job of negotiating what variations may be considered. We haven’t even finished the G part of the decision making process and you’re jumping to ‘decide’.
If junior crew sit on our freaking hands and do nothing Keg, then by the time VR and early retirement results are out it's too late. This was mentioned multiple times today by people calling in.

Keg I always respect your opinion on this forum, but I feel your stance is easy to justify when you have seniority. If you were in your early 20s with 40 years left in your career at Qantas you would be looking at the situation differently.

I haven't submitted my LWOP application yet. As you alluded to I am still in the gather stage.

Originally Posted by Keg
If the ‘vast majority’ of junior pilots take LWOP to avoid CR then the company’s cash burn goes to virtually $0 and/or those remaining are still able to do the required flying. Hence no more need for CR.
I don't agree with this. Apart from 330 freight there is no flying, and there won't be for a year. As mentioned in today's webinar the amount of people who take LWOP won't have an effect on CR as the company is seeing it as two separate issues, a long term surplus and a short-medium term surplus. By taking LWOP you avoid the CR chop if the early retirement / VR package doesn't get the numbers.