PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 14th Jul 2020, 09:43
Poto

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfng
do people seriously think TLS, DT, DA, AS etc say this stuff about SH being excluded based on something they’ve made up? QF know exactly what they can do. They have done their homework. We all thought they would t get away with a lot of stuff over the years, but they have. If they say they can skip SH, skip LWOP etc etc, then they are saying based on immensely detailed research and legal consultation. It’s not like those blokes sit there (like we do) and read the various documents and then come up with an opinion. They have been fully briefed on what can and will be done. They (especially DT) would know EXACTLY what kind of a response their position would illicit, they know we all think it’s based on a global list etc. If they say it’s not, then until I see something from AIPA or a successful challenge in court, I have to assume they know what they are talking about. Anything else on here, or on QR is simply the best intended but uninformed opinion of someone who has read the award and has instantly become a lawyer who knows exactly what FWA will do. (Add that to financial expert, sexual god, sky god, disease control expert, microbiologist, marriage counsellor, divorce lawyer, real estate agent, property investor, sailing expert, epidemiologist and most importantly, a grammar expert (which I am not))

this is a fight that no one wants to have. Whatever the outcome, it won’t be pretty. Hopefully CR will be completely avoided.
You are giving them way too much credit. They ‘may’ have a legal opinion but Until FWA rule on something like this, that is all that it is- a lawyers opinion. I suggest any worried crew pick up a phone and ask AIPA directly. As you say it’s all uninformed opinion including yours.