PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietjet Cadet Program versus Bamboo Cadet Program
Old 14th Jul 2020, 09:08
slate100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j.nips
I can only second that. Close to 17 years of flying and my initial CPL/ME/IR (200hrs) cost me around 20k EUR doing a modular course spreading over a 2 year period with the odd job in between to support myself. Now even if i correct that for inflation the number doesn't even come close to the 200k USD mark. Unbelievable.

There are a lot of extremely rich people in Asia. Most are poor or sorta middle, but for a minority $200,000 is pocket change.

If you factor in the cost of your basic PPL/CPL/ME IR, and say it costs you $60,000, you're basically looking at around $260,000 for Vietjet.

Again, for some people, that's spare change.

In Asia, buying jobs with black money is par for the course. It happens in other industries too, and it's especially common in Vietnam.

VietJet is just exploiting people's desperation and adding wannabee FO's to the "revenue" column in their books rather than the "expense" column.

The woman who owns VJ is a billionaire. In a way, this whole thing is sheer genius from a business point of view.

Last edited by slate100; 14th Jul 2020 at 10:04.