PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Submissive Blonde Can't Stop Cummings...
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2020, 15:23
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Countdown begins
Are the RAF fit for China/ Korea/ Middle East?
Personally I think not, transformation after transformation, and stats before capability.
I’m not sure if, after initial losses you’d have enough Wg Cdrs to shout at them about your shiny new flying badges, and to look at you in your cool cheap leather jackets and aviator stable belts.
Perhaps it really is time for Cummings, the RAF has nothing in focus, in front of a real world out there that doesn’t give a tuppence about 1940. I think he will see straight through the bravado, and the job creation and retention schemes, and see mis-management, and perhaps dangerous incompetence, on an industrial scale.
Think Xi, then work backwards.
I've no confidence in Cummings doing anything but buggering up the UK military posture. I fear he has the "time for techno revolution, and it'll be much cheaper!" philosophy. UK conventional forces have no depth at all. Its been said that the Army will be lucky to retain one Battalion of the Parachute Regiment. We'll get a 'less means more' argument for sure to justify what will be a straight forward expenditure raid. The fig leaf on this occasion will be Cummings' Cyber/AI/Space defence revolution. All vital indeed, but dangerous to apply a binary shift away from conventional defence, what scraps remain.

FB