PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot lives....yes they matter
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:59
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do only pilots experience a tough time in that situation ? No, but if I want to discuss issues within other professions then it's worth looking for other websites maybe ?
Pilots may not be unique but IMHO they have had it far worse in this pandemic than almost anyone else. Correction, than anyone else. Everyone goes on about healthcare workers but in the main they have not had to pay more than normal university costs, if that, for their qualifications, have jobs for life and during the pandemic have had free food and some have been waited upon by soon to be redundant CC who continued to smile through it all.

As a pilot I am undoubtedly biased, but I now have feet in many camps and as I look around it is hard to see another group, so indebted by training, facing such high levels of unemployment and with the possibility that they may never be employed in their profession again. I for one am not a great fan of the Chancellor who has spread taxpayers' money like manure rather than concentrate on those parts of the economy worst hit.