PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - The Political Farce Continued (Thread 5)
Old 28th Nov 2003, 17:32
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dick

Dick

As you know AOPA supports NAS 2b and generally supports the whole concept.

Speaking PERSONALLY I'd like to explore...

By the way, the reason the ATC frequency boundaries have been removed from the charts is not primarily chart simplification. The prime reason is to follow the proven overseas system where pilots are trained to concentrate on traffic which is approaching and departing an aerodrome. That is where the risk of collision is highest.
OK, boundaries I can understand. but even my little Grumman does 140 knots. 126.7 (or whatever) is OK if I call say 10 - 15 out, but then I am on CTAF in the 'congregation zone', I have two readios, why can't I be 'taught' so to speak to MONITOR area on 118.X for IFR incoming, outgoing.

to do that I need the freqs in a Tim-Tam near that CTAF.

Now, by biggest gripe. Lets say I am flying Moruya to Can'tberra up the Araluen at 6500. I get to Majors Creek. I look for approach on my VTC or VNC, it isn't there!!!!

I swear at Airservices and you.

I fumble in the back for my Besser Block ... sorry. useless ERSA (thinking this is a marketing ploy now).

I fumble with the brick looking for Can'tberra.

I find approach just in time to be told of my VCA!!!!

OR, I call tower (there it is in the Tim-Tam).

They get the s%$#s with me cos they are really busy (two Dash-8 and a C150), the read back the approach freq, but I cant hear it cos someone coming the other way calls on top.

My point.

Why no Approach freqs???

AK