PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 12th Jul 2020, 09:51
Give it the herbs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Emmit Stussy
Thanks for your response Troo, but this doesn’t speak to my initial query regarding Fujiroll’s post #678.
Once again, I’m possibly not asking the right question.

In his post of #678 he said,

"60 to 61 - 65
61 to 62 - 59
62 to 63 - 50

Gives you approximately - 170 who would be considering the package very closely. Now I don't have the data on LHvSH age split, but for arguments sake lets assume 20% are SH pilots who are ineligible - Left with around 140 give or take."

Rather than me asking the wrong question (again); could you or Give it the herbs or Fuji himself explain what this sentence (in bold) means.
He is saying the number of pilots in those age brackets listed is inclusive of both SH and LH pilots. So, to find a way to roughly rule out how many of those 170 pilots are in SH (who as you know are not eligible for VR), he is assuming it's approx. 20% of them. Given the way our seniority lists are written, it would be an absolute nightmare to work out the exact numbers without knowing each of those pilots by name and what fleet they are on.