PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2020, 07:27
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
Also, can anyone please explain how the holding pool system works? Is it going to be a holding pool for the entire WZZ group, for one specific AOC (Hungary/UK/UAE) or for specific bases?
It may have changed amongst all this, but it was just one big pool for the entire Wizz group. They had bases which they claimed were “impossible to get” (Luton, Budapest, Warsaw and Vienna), and you could ask to be put in a pool specifically for those bases. But, the wait could be over a year for a spot to open. It was just a case of getting the congratulatory phone call to say you’ve passed the selection, with a follow up email outlining a dozen or so bases you could choose from. You chose one, and days later you had a contract and a start date.

This Abu Dhabi thing is all new to me, so I’m guessing they have gaps to plug there, and at some of their newer bases. Then they just want their pool filled to the brim with people ready to go at a moment’s notice to any base they should need. So my bet would be if you get into the pool, it will just be a random phone call at a random time, for a random base, and it will be take it or leave it.

There’s a bit of skullduggery going on, granted. But still, the opening of recruitment can only be regarded as positive. The faintest light at the end of a very long tunnel.