PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 11th Jul 2020, 22:05
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 5star
let me add what I know...
1. Locals are on full pay as we speak. Good for them.. This from a kocal friend of mine who confirmed me this.(same as in Qatar. At least there they are open about it!)
2. From what I’ve gathered sofar, most of the guys I know didn’t have any warnings or cautions. Some did have a sickness event in their carreer (cancer, operation, heart, sleep)....
3. I also think there is a correllation with raising fatigue reports in the past. Nearly all of them I asked did raise reports this in the past.
And for those familiar, we are not doing legacy carrier rosters here in EK. The Triple had the most brutal rosters in the world awhile back (2-3-4 years back with max 8 to 9 days off a month including indian night turns and ULRs back to back). So many skippers raised safety flags (reports) at that time for which they now might pay the price.? That might also explain why the junior guys all seem to be safe (as rosters are less brutal now.)

Can someone also repost the interview with STC was quoted saying ‘fire now and hire back later’. Criminal if you know how many guys in late 40s and 50s have to pull out the whole family, sell houses at a big loss etc....
Local pilots are not on 100% pay. This I can confirm. They are on the same 50% deal everyone else is on. Most have housing allowance, so when they say how much per month they receive this amount will be included. I know this because I recently had a conversation with a dude and did the double take when he mentioned his take home pay. When queried I discovered he had included the allowance.