PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL - continue or stop
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2020, 17:15
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ezymplcae,

Firstly I sympathise with your predicament and the situation you find yourself in.

This is a tricky one. Personally, and I could get shot down for saying this, NO ONE what ever they might think, knows what is going to happen in the future. Yes at this time, it looks bleak, potentially a number of very experienced pilots will be unemployed and looking for work etc etc. Throughout my training/career I saw 2 gulf wars, 9/11, the financial crisis and now COVID, but it also bounced back. I guess the question is, how long will that take?

I think one of the advantages you have is, from what you have said, you have no financial pressure. If you had a huge loan to pay off once you had completed your training, then I think it would probably be a no brainier. However, if you have funded it through savings etc, I am tempted to say continue, finish and get your licence issued (consider switching the modular/integrated course). I am not sure I see any value in stopping and 'waiting' for things to get better. As long as you keep current, you will be in a good position and ready to go when the doors opens again for inexperienced pilots. From the time I finished my CPL/IR, it was 2.5 years before I got an airline job. I spent those years as a flight instructor. Looking back now, it was one of the best things I ever did, and now I am using some of those skills as a freelance consultant instructor for various airlines doing MPL/MCC and JOC training work both in the SIM and ground school.

Obviously the decision is yours, but personally I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet.

All the best with what you decide.