PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 11th Jul 2020, 14:56
GKOC41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
I find it very poor form to accuse someone of being management just because you do not like his message. Argue the point, not the man. I will side with the novice on this one and say it. You are a free person and are welcome to judge content however you like......that is your right. The reasonable amongst us do not use join date to judge content but rather reflect on the message itself. The point that the novice is making is that there are a bunch of old hands here are often pounding their own agenda(generally how bad it is at emirates). It doesn't mean they are credible, just clamorous;

That said, I like most of what Don has to say. He is probably one of the most level-headed here. Unfortunately 146 seems to have hit a nerve even though he does have a point, one which I agree with.

I think it is disgusting and unacceptable that they are handing cancer sufferers warning letter and now redundancy letters. It is nice to see some push back against in the UK against Easyjet's plan to use sickness as a metric for it's upcoming cuts. It is totally inappropriate in a safety sensitive environment. That said, 146 makes a good point when he says that some of our colleagues actively use "pressing 2" as a method of re-arranging their roster. This is not an acceptable practice and instead of actually dealing with the culprits fleet have use their standard "lets punish everyone" approach.
Easyjet had a pretty good non punitive FRMS so using sick as a measure to get rid goes against best practice.

Easyjet now have an Ex Ryanair COO and part of the CV19 deal is 'productivity' improvements - e.g. throwing out the fixed roster and turning off the FRMS I suspect

And if sickness is used then no crew will ring in sick for fear of another cull.

Crap times all round