PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Jul 2020, 14:44
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot
That may have been TLS’s/managements wish or interpretation, but I’m not sure it’s as cut and dry as ‘you’re in SH, you’re safe’...

See WK’s post on Qrewroom.
There’s only 5 provisions of the Long Haul Agreement that apply to pilots who have transferred to Short Haul operations under 20.4 of the LH agreement. None of them deal with redundancy.

The Integration Agreement only specifies that new hire pilots be retrenched in accordance the Pilots Agreement, LH EBA. It doesn’t address those new hire pilots who transferred over to Short Haul. Unless it was one of the 5 provisions of the LH EBA that carried over nothing in the LH EBA will apply to a SH pilot. The SH EBA refers to redundancies if a pilot’s “position” becomes redundant. As no SH pilot is being offered VR then no SH positions are redundant.

However I’m not an IR lawyer, and I’ll assume no one else is. So it’ll probably end up in court anyway if it gets to the point of CR (I’m still fairly sure it won’t however which is the best thing for all).